Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nations to Nations, Stomach to Stomach


I was so excited for this week. Last week most of the class had trouble really getting focused on what Holger had to teach. We were so emotionally and physically exhausted from Rich's Father Heart of God that we couldn't really get into the week. Also, there is a lot of stuff going on with the leadership of the base that I don't think Holger (who is part of the national leadership team) could really connect either... Just a really off week. So back to this week. New speaker and a great subject! We are celebrating Nations to Nations week where our base hosts other teams from all over to come and join in. Pieter McKarthy came at just the right moment to speak on the subject of worship and spiritual warfare. He rocked the house with his worship first thing Monday morning with our over packed and loving base. I knew this was going to be a great week and then things started to take a turn for the... well for the uncomfortable.

What started out as a cough simply got worse. Spreading to my head and stomach. It turns out I caught a horrible stomach flu along with six other girls from my DTS, one boy from my DTS, two girls from the Children in Need DTS, and 6 people from the English Language Learning center. Some of us had to go to the doctor yesterday because we needed to stop this from spreading. One of the girls had to be hospitalized from dehydration after collapsing yesterday and another with the same thing last night. I have been staying very hydrated, drinking lots of juice and powerade (mom taught me well). My fever and headache are gone but my stomach is still very unstable. I can't eat the base food, but the kitchen was nice enough to make us chicken noodle soup for lunch. I've spent most of the last four days in bed, stuck inside the dorm. Its been really frustrating and it really makes me miss Papa Don bringing me medicine and stuff when I'm sick. I went to worship last night and it was incredible despite the flu. I was excited to see everyone dressed as the nation that they come from. The only thing I could pull together was a red, white, and blue outfit... Unfortunately I didn't realize people here were so accepting of the USA so I left all my God Bless America gear at home.

So now that the lecture is over for the week I am a little bummed out I didn't get to hear more of Pieter speak or make new friends from the visiting teams, but I did get a lot from the teaching Monday so I am thankful and can arrow up for that! We have tomorrow off and I better be feeling 100% better because we have a small outreach to Saldanah this weekend where I get to go see Vickey's Gran and Opa again. I am praying I wont miss out on it.

Outreach prep for Mozambique has kind of been put on hold since everyone has been so sick. We did, however, purchase our flight to Durban today and we got a very good deal so praise for that. So I guess I get to go to Durban at least! Please continue to pray that the funding will come in for the trip. Unfortunately I STILL don't know how much it will cost, but I know I don't have enough yet. I'm trusting God, I know He wouldn't bring me this far to leave me in SA.

Miss you all!! Love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment