Friday, February 18, 2011

Preaching at the farm


Yesterday was a very important day to me. I was volunteered by my good friend Brandon to PREACH at the local farm that we have been doing outreach for! I know that its only children between the ages of 6 and 16, but still I was nervous! I was standing in the farm house feeling really scared that I wouldn't be able to give a good message, really stressing out. I looked down and there on the floor was a tiny girl at my feet. She was picking grass and sticks out of my sandals. This tiny girl was cleaning my shoes to serve me. I was amazed and it brought tears to my eyes. I was instantly comfortable and knew that God would use my message to serve them. I held that little girl in my arms till I had to preach the message and then for a good long time after.

 I knew I needed to keep the message short and simple so I spoke on how to talk to God. I showed the kids a cell phone and asked them how to use it. They knew how and they also knew that it costs lots of money to use. I asked them if we could talk to God on a cell phone and they laughed and said no. I asked them how to talk to God if you can't call Him on the phone and they didn't know. I told them that God has given us a great gift, Prayer! I told them that we have a direct phone line that doesn't cut out, doesn't cost money and goes straight to God. I held up my hand in a phone-like "hang-loose" sign and told the kids that THIS is their phone to God, if they ever want to talk to Him when they are happy, sad, alone, scared, or at any time they can just talk to God on their "phones." We prayed for the kids in groups at the end and the greatest thing happened, something I will never forget in my lifetime... A group of little girls told Vickey they wanted to talk to God during the prayer time but they don't know how. So she told them just remember their phones! They all picked up their "phones" and started to thank God for everything in their lives. So touching. I am so happy to be apart of bringing little girls to God and giving them something practical to use when talking to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment