Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Father Heart of God


This week was the most emotional so far. I feel more close to my brothers and sisters of the DTS then I ever have.. even more than at Niko! Rich is a great guy and I am excited that God has given him this gift. I can't believe that one guy, with six kids of his own, can care so much about other people. I don't want him to go. I wish he could be our teacher for the rest of the DTS. I know that's not really fair for the others we have booked though! It scares me a little that this week was that emotional.  We all received new names this week from God. It was an emotional exercise and class lasted for almost 12 hours. The name I received was Michelle- The Forgiven Forgiver. It was a very hard name to accept and even now I don't feel its easy to live up to. God has been working on my heart to let go of bitterness and move forward knowing that I am forgiven and that I need to forgive others and let go. It feels like every week has become more and more deep, I can't imagine that it could get any deeper. But God's funny like that I guess. Its nice that after every week I feel more and more brand new. More fresh and ready to continue on forward in what God has planned for me. AMEN!

My team for Mozambique had a fundraiser here where we sold smoothies with fruit that was donated to us! We were able to keep the cost down and make just over 400 rand! That may sound like a lot but remember that one rand is like eight dollars... So we didn't make THAT much but a little is better than nothing and we felt very blessed. We are baking and selling muffins at a local church tonight to hopefully make a little more for the funds. We still have not decided between Lesotho or Swaziland but I believe God will make it a clear choice for us. We need to choose by the end of this week. One of my team members did some research on Swaziland and it has the highest HIV population in the world, most of the people don't live past their twenties. Its heart wrenching. So please pray about where our outreach team should go and the things we will be doing. I know I keep saying I will have more info for you but I still don't know it yet!

The DTS is still doing local outreach while we are here. As you know we have been praying and interacting with the people of Zwelethemba but two weeks ago I was able to go with a small team to a local farm and do ministry for the children that work and live there. We sang and danced with the kids and then prayed over their lives. It was a huge blessing and Brandon was able to do an on the spot message for them. I was so proud of our team! Last Thursday we were able to back and do it again! We brought a new dance to teach them and this week we are going to be working on a short skit to perform for them. It really warms my heart and I wish we could drive out there more often. The other local team went to a hospital where I heard they were able to pray for the newborn babies! I know God used that team as a blessing to the new mothers and the others that were sick. Go us! I'm so proud!

This weeks lecture is on the Nature and Character of God. I have a lot of loose ends I need to tie up from this week and really get my emotions together and process so I can be ready for the week!! Man, do I wish I had Bean Barn right now. Haha. I miss home, miss my family and miss my friends. Only two more months till outreach! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment