Friday, January 21, 2011

Thank you Erin!! Blessings to Zwelethemba!!


Wow this week was awesome! So jammed packed with lots of stuff.  Today was the last day of teaching from Erin. Oh and I found out not only is she from California, but she’s from the Sacramento area! She lives in Cape Town now. So inspirational! She really challenged us to really open our hearts to God’s work. We studied verses from the old testament and really dug deep into them through the week. It spiked some deep debates among friends and we all had to really look at how we defined God’s love. Most of us, including myself, had our eyes re-opened. I never knew that I had put God in such a small box. I have always heard that thrown around… That people “keep God in a box.” I never knew I did that till this week. I realized there is SO MUCH MORE than I had ever even imagined. The hunger I have to know and read and study and live by God’s word grew and grew. I had contemplated taking a Bible Core Course (a three month long intense bible study provided by YWAM all over the world) but I know now it wont be enough. Thank God there is a nine-month program (don’t worry mom and dad, no decisions have been finalized…) I am so thankful that she was our first speaker because she has me thinking constantly! All day!! Its great and it really drives my hunger into a level I didn’t know was possible!

We also got to spend time in the town Zwelethemba yesterday. That is where we will do our weekly local outreach and I am so excited. Its poverty like you haven’t seen it. You know those pictures in magazines you see of people in houses made of rubbish and held together by a couple rusty nails? That’s this place.. Hoses back to back as far as the eye can see. This town is located just on the other side of a bridge where the nice houses are. It was crazy to go from riches to rags in a short second. The people there are mostly struggling with alcohol addiction and lack of work. We were able to walk around and pray for people who wanted prayer. They are very open to prayer and Jesus so it was easy to talk to them. Most of the kids are orphans and I got to pray for little kids who wanted to “do better in school”. It was really humbling and I can’t wait to do more of that.  I feel like that’s why I am here.

I miss my family and friends so much. I did get a few letters and I am so grateful for that. Man, the drawings from Sydney were so cute and I can’t wait to squeeze her little cheeks!

God continues to move through me and His joy has yet to leave.. I don’t think it will! My hunger for Him grows daily and I can’t wait to see what he has in store for me next! Tonight is an all worship night where we will pray, worship, sing, dance and do what ever else the Holy Spirit wants to do till the early morning lead by the ever so wise Wisman (that’s his name). I am so excited!! Such great fellowship and lovely laughing attacks are much enjoyed.

We got to watch a performance done by a dance team from Brazil. They did stomp and worship. So awesome.  Guys doing back flips and using glowing drum sticks.

Well I’m off to the worship meeting. I know this is a lot to read so I will try to blog more often. I found out today I can pay R240 and get unlimited internet, that’s if it is working… Sometimes it has issues…. Same with the water…. Haha But all is well!

Bless and be blessed <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment