Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh Holy Spirit


Holy Spirit Week was more than I could ever ask for. I was able to seriously give all my problems of regret, hurt, anger, disappointment, abandonment and all the other crappy things I have been feeling up to God. To truly give these things to God allowed me to have a new spark. I spent two hours in the prayer room talking to God about forgiveness. It was something I have been struggling with for the last year. I knew the last step in this journey of renewing my life was to forgive the person who hurt me most. After those two hours of screaming, writing, crying, and laughing I felt lighter and more joy than I have ever felt. I left the prayer room and the next two people I talked to both said there was something different about me without even knowing what I had been up to. Since that release people tell me I look beautiful and you know something… I feel beautiful. I publicly announced that I had forgiven him. With the help of Brandon I was able to stand in front of the whole base and give my forgiveness. I feel free and brand new. THANK GOD! I am excited for the future and to see where the crazy Holy Spirit will lead me in my life.  I know when I go home people are going to see a positive change in me. I have faith in that.

We had a Holy Spirit party last night and we were able to pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Since I can remember people have talked about my hands and how much comfort they bring so of course I prayed for the Gift of Healing! I pray God can use my hands to heal people of other nations and that I can be used to glorify Him. It was awesome.

We started the process of planning our outreach. I am on the team to Mozambique! I pray we will get to spend some time on the YWAM base in Jo-burg before we head into Mozambique doing local outreach there. I hear its really dangerous but then again… Isn’t flying around the world to spread the word of God dangerous in itself? I have no fear of this. Dur. It seems that the people of need are usually in dangerous places right? Haha. Nonetheless I am excited to start the process and get more information. Right now all I know is that I need to get my Yellow Fever shot and pills for Malaria. I also found out that like 99.9% of people who go where were going get worms. So we have to have dewormer pills upon return. Super fun…. Gross. Anyways! We also get to spend time with LOTS of children. There is a possibility that we will go to this one village where the oldest person is about sixteen years old. Everyone else has dies from AIDS. I pray God will let our team be a comfort to those children in this stage of devastation.  Pray for that. I will find out more information. Also, if anyone has an idea of fundraising or knows anyone who would like to donate let me know. I need to raise about $1,200.

We are heading back to Zwelethemba in an hour and I am so excited to see the little girls I met last time. The families there are beautiful and I am thankful we have this opportunity. 

This week has been a little rough though. Out of the whole dorm room I managed to drop my already broken iPhone into a small bucket of water.... I realized I have to buy skirts because that's all women are allowed to wear in Mozambique. And I have been really wanting chocolate milk. haha. But in all seriousness I am emotionally drained and I am so excited I get to sleep in tomorrow! 

Thank you all for the continued prayer and please keep in touch. I miss everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment