Saturday, January 8, 2011

My first week is already over!!

It is an absolutely beautiful morning. The heat isn't bad at all and there is a nice overcast, perfect time for pictures. I'm sitting in the courtyard on the YWAM base and it still hasn't set in that I'm half way around the world from where I lived. I'm not sure why I feel so comfortable already but it must be because I'm finally, for once, in the right place at the right time. I can't explain to you the peace and comfort I have found. I think that's what scares me the most.... The fact that I am already in love with this place, this culture, and being submerged in God's work.

Its extremely amazing to sit in a room and talk about what God has done for us for hours. I live in a room with 12 other girls and across the hall are 10 boys, all here for the same reason. It's so awesome to be surrounded by individuals who are on fire for God and want to grow in their relationship. It's refreshing to be able to stand perfectly comfortable and pray with my fellow sisters. We pray for unity because it's no mystery what can happen when 13 girls live so closely together.

Today will be the first church service that I will get to attend and by the sound of it I think it may be similar to my home church Green Valley. But I will be missing the fellowship that I have been so graciously shown the last eight months at GVCC. I am excited to experience a new church and a new way of life. I love that I can travel half way around the world and be able to worship God the same.

I thank God for this time and this opportunity. It has been a huge blessing and I am so excited to see what God has next.

No comments:

Post a Comment