Monday, March 7, 2011

God and Sexuality? Amen!

I know it has been over a week since I last posted and I am very sorry for that. God has been moving like crazy and keeping me busy with lots of things here in Africa....

This past week we spoke on sexuality. Our speaker was Frans, a super classy South African man with a kick. We looked at a whole lot of different aspects of sexuality from a biblical view including fornication, adultery, homo and heterosexuality, masturbation, how far is too far, and molest. Usually sex isn't something the church talks about so it was very nice to be open in a safe environment to discuss a matter that is in every part of life. Our speaker gave a great testimony and was very funny, making such a sensitive topic for most, into a comfortable and safe subject. It was very refreshing being able to face, trace, erase, and replace sexual brokenness in our lives and together we bonded as a DTS.

The realisation of the lecture phase coming to an end is coming on very strong now. We already lost Carla last week. She had some trouble and wasn't able to finish the lecture phase. We miss her so much in class and in the dorm, but I know God has a different plan for her life. A group of girls, including myself sent her off with goodbye tears and hugs, knowing that the chances of ever seeing her after DTS is very slim. Yes, we bond close but the truth is we all live so far away from each other that only by God's good grace will he bring us together again! Also, today my good friend Godfrey left. He got a job doing ministry on a farm about two hours away from where I am. It's a paying job which is usually hard to get in ministry for obvious reasons. So I had to let him go with ease. Good Luck to them!!!!

This weeks lecture is about the work of the cross. Our speaker is from South Carolina and has a beautiful western accent. Makes me miss home (not that I know many people who talk like that.... if any...). He's a very nice man named Cliff and I enjoy the way he thinks because its a lot like me. He has a lot of passion and explains the simplicity of Christ's love and the Christian life with ease. Love it!

Outreach is coming up fast!! I still need to raise over $1000 dollars but I know God will provide! Today I got over $400 through my chip in account and donations given to my mom! It was a huge blessing. I was starting to panic but I knew God would take care of it! I just pray people will continue to pass the word around to help support and pray for me. My team and I have been preparing our hearts and minds for the things we are going to encounter and it is hard when you are focused on finances. UGH! But with God there is peace... I just have to remember that!

This last weekend was a true blessing. I was able to escape from the base and head to Cape Town to visit the family of a set of beautiful twin girls that are in my DTS, Abby and Gabby. Their parents welcomed Hope and I with open arms and showed us around the town. They blessed us with opportunities to visit parks where they take in animals. I saw lions and cheetahs. I even got to hold an OWL (which is actually viewed as a witchcraft by most South Africans....) haha. I will get the pictures up soon!

Well to sum it up! Everything is still going well! I still love Jesus and I am so grateful for the love He is showing me! Blessings and I still miss everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment